From the Archive
On View at the Getty Center: Greetings from L.A.: Artists and Publics 1950-1980
Dilexi Gallery was one of the avant-garde exhibitions spaces in San Francisco in the late 1950s and 1960s, owned and operated by Jim Newman and Robert Alexander. In 1962, Newman hired Rolf Nelson to open a branch in Los Angeles. Joe Goode was among the artists who showed there during the short time it was open. Nelson went on to found his own gallery on La Cienega Boulevard in Los Angeles.