Sam Taylor at the Getty Center

Just Be Patient

my name is: Sam Taylor

I make: Music and radio

What inspires me about the Getty: It’s peaceful, it’s quiet; there are places where you can get away from people. You can settle in and not worry about what else is going on around you. I found this little spot.

To me, inspiration is: Sometimes it’s a thing that comes to you. Sometimes it’s a thing you work out for a really, really long time. Inspiration is something you’re actively constructing. It’s not something that falls out of the sky, but it could be a moment where things begin to make sense. It’s a product of hours and hours of thought. And sometimes it’s a mistake, a mistake that works for some reason.

If inspiration were an animal, it would be a sloth. Because you have to be really patient and know it’ll get where it’s going to go, but you have to wait.

Listen to the mix tape Sam was editing at the Getty »

Published by

Paula Carlson

I've been a web developer with the Getty's web team since 2000. Technical questions or comments about the site's functionality can be directed to me. Priority will be given to those emails that agree the Red Sox are the greatest team in baseball history.