Moment of Zen

Moment of Zen

[fb_button]

my name is: Eduardo Manilla

i'm sharing: This is a picture I took on one of my recent Volunteer shifts as an Architecture Docent at Getty Center.

this was inspired by: During my senior year in High School I visited the Getty Center and touring the campus made me confirm my decision of studying Architecture. I went to school, got the degree, been practicing professionally for a few years and to give back to the Getty I volunteer every 2 weeks as a Docent giving out Architecture Tours of the campus.

to me, inspiration is: The Getty's architecture provides me with a balancing feeling. Richard Meier created a perfect campus where you can find your moment of Zen. As an architect this is what I aspire to create, and the Getty is one of my primary sources of inspiration. Every time I am at the Getty my mind gets to reset for a few hours, which shapes my artistic, musical and political practices as well. I always shoot a picture of an interesting architectural angle which I share in hopes to inspire others via social media.

More inspiration

Piano Curve at the Getty Center / Richard Meier

Connect with Eduardo Manilla
Twitter: @edmanilla | Instagram: @loboman_dj | Website: www.loboman.com

More inspiration