The holidays seem to roll around faster than the time it takes to drink a steaming cup of cocoa, and we’re always left scrambling for the perfect last-minute gifts. Here are our top picks for fun, Getty-inspired presents that’ll put you on this season’s “nice” list. Because those hip, artsy folks in your life deserve more than fuzzy Santa socks and Starbucks gift cards.
1. Dad, who has a newfound love for healthy cooking
California olive oil and balsamic vinegar sampler. Mmm, salad! $25 here.
2. Your cool, young, perpetually single uncle
“A Hangover is the Wrath of Grapes” flask. Also good for English majors. $27 here.
3. Your favorite Francophile
French country wall calendar. Useful for pencilling in next year’s Euro trip.
4. Your art-school BFF
Blick studio markers, set of 24. Bonus: a classy violin on the package. $51.29 here.
5. Your new-mom friend who’s determined to have a cultured, multilingual baby
My First Book of Japanese Words, which introduces baby to Japanese language culture. $12.95 here.
6. Your sister, who misses the sights, smells, and summers of California
An exotic white-flower scented candle made in Malibu. Olfactory memory is the strongest, right? $48 here.
7. Grandma, who’s been collecting Christmas ornaments since 1965
Hand-painted Van Gogh-inspired glass ornament with details from the Irises and its own precious little box. $25 here.
8. Your one little cousin who’s always been fascinated with sea creatures
Seal or sea lion encounter at Aquarium of the Pacific (ages 10+). $109 here ($99 members).
9. Your significant other, who likes to entertain
Gold Greek key design highball glasses, set of 4. Because you’re still drunk in love! $48 here.
10. A recent grad planning a 2016 trip to Latin America and the Caribbean
A powerful photo book that showcases vivid imagery taken in the “Pearl of the Antilles.” $34.95 here.
11. The design and architecture buff (aka your oh-so-talented creative mentor/former teacher)
Archi-Doodle, An Architect’s Activity Book — because coloring books aren’t just for kids. $19.95 here.
12. Mom, whose approach to style is classic yet colorful
Silk scarf featuring a 19th-century French dot pattern from a book in the Getty Research Institute. So intellectual! $50 here.
13. And of course, a little something for yourself, ’cause you’ve worked hard this year
…And this piece of costume jewelry is way too pretty to resist: an Egyptian snake ring and necklace. $19.99 here ($17.99 members).
To receive your Getty Store gifts by Christmas, order from the our online store by December 18 and choose standard ground shipping. Missed the boat? No worries — order by December 23 at 10am and select two-day air, or by December 23 at 10am for next-day delivery.
For even more gift ideas, see our Getty Holiday Gift Guide.