Home > Getty programs > Nine Impressive Lessons—Pictures and Summaries to Come!

Nine Impressive Lessons—Pictures and Summaries to Come!

July 29th, 2011

This has been an amazing week. Teachers have told us that they feel much more comfortable talking about works of art, and that they are less intimidated by both the art they see and the art they create. Today we heard from nine groups of teachers who managed to create arts-integrated language art lessons that were full of kinesthetic activities, meaningful connections to students’ lives, and opportunities for play. We will post pictures and lesson overviews on Monday, so stay tuned!

Categories: Getty programs
  1. Deborah Gal
    July 30th, 2011 at 16:11 | #1

The lessons were very informative and helpful. I learned so much. Thank you all for everything!

2. Trina Gasaway
    July 30th, 2011 at 16:11 | #2

Thank you to everyone at the Getty that made us feel so welcomed and appreciated. Every thing we did was very worthwhile and I feel much more comfortable with my knowledge of art and how to introduce art in the classroom. I found a book this weekend. It might be helpful for Mothers’ Day projects. “Artful Jewelry” (Craft and Wear Your Own Masterpieces) by: Jo Packham

3. Michelle MacNeill
    July 31st, 2011 at 10:10 | #3

Thank you to everyone at the Getty for making me feel so welcomed! I was so hoping that I would learn things I could easily use in my classroom, and you FAR exceeded my expectations! I cannot wait to bring my class to the Getty for a field trip and to see their eyes light up, as mine did! This has been the best professional development I have ever attended, and I look forward to all the other activities with you this year! Thank you!

4. Claudia C Morales
    July 31st, 2011 at 12:47 | #4

I’m so grateful for this opportunity, can’t wait for the follow ups now. My school team will be excited to go “shopping” for our lessons.