Novelist Lindsey Davis has devoted her career to entertaining readers with zesty whodunits set in ancient Rome. Famed for her ability to evoke ancient life down to its sounds and smells, as well as for her clever plots full of… More»
What can you hear at the museum?
Artist Elana Mann creates participatory sonic experiences and invites you to listen in. More on the Iris.
- How do sounds change depending on your body position, your direction, your eyes open or closed, or the position of the histophone?
- Can you imagine sounds coming from the art, architecture, and gardens?
- If a sculpture could speak, what would it say?
- What are sounds you can make with your own body?
- Can you hear the tectonic plates shifting underneath your feet?
- How are natural and man-made sounds mixing and blending in this environment?
A list of the sounds that have reverberated through my body, 2013, Elana Mann. Cut photographs on paper.